Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Na na na-na-na-na

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Does anyone else remember Clarissa Explains it All, one of the best tv shows on Nickelodeon in the '90s? For some reason the other day, I remembered how rad I used to think Clarissa was, and I started watching some episodes on the internet. Now that I'm watching it again, I've realized that Clarissa (Melissa Joan Hart) was such a bad ass role model for the prenubile braces wearing tomb boy Emily. She was just so spunky and unique. Foooor example, she wanted to be a journalist, she had killer fashion sense (see pictures below), a diy checkered wall in her room that she made by coloring over wallpaper, her favorite band is They Might be Giants, she demonstrated all of her schemes by programming a computer game with her as the character, and I think in one season she had a small pet alligator type animal.

The great thing about Clarissa Explains it All was that she dealt with the same issues as.. say, the kids from 7th heaven and Full House, but it wasn't an emotional show (nor was there any sappy music during the moral of the episode). It's also one of the few shows that had a completely platonic friendship between a boy and a girl.

Clarissa Darling will always be one of my inspirations.






0 comments:

 
clairvoyance. Design by Pocket