Wednesday, February 17, 2010

bellybutton Lent

Wednesday, February 17, 2010
For the first time in at least a couple of years I'm going to take part in Lent again. I'm not particularly Catholic anymore– I don't much identify with any particular sect of Christianity these days–, but I think fasting and Lent are just generally good for you as a person; they serve to strengthen your conviction of will and resist temptation. Seeing as how I regularly over draw my bank account buying candy and alcohol my will power muscle could use some toning and definition. But I've given up food and drinks every Lent since I was a tot, so I'm trying something more original, difficult this year.

I am giving up making fun of other people. It's going to be a hard trial because someone needs to tell those idiots what's wrong with them, and I'm naturally really good at it! However, I have to step down from the position for a approximately a month and let someone else take on the job (I'll put out an application shortly.) so I know what it feels like to sacrifice doing something I love dearly.

That's all, I just wanted to declare it and make it official. I'm fairly certain I will update you on how hard and miserable this is for me, don't even worry your pretty little heads about it.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We the people will do our part to pick up your slack. Good luck little bird.

 
clairvoyance. Design by Pocket